Khind Anshin Double Boiler DB18S
Article on The Star: Double-boild to perfection
炖 .Double Boil is an ancient cooking method to ensure food are being cooked not exceeding 100°C to preserve its nutrients, flavors & texture. Khind Anshin Stainless Steel Double Boiler DB18S comes with 1 + 3 food grade ceramic pots in compliance with Food and Drug Administration of America. It's safe! 安心炖盅王
Features & Consumer Benefit :-
- THE BEST COOKING METHOD, that retains original taste, retains original flavour, passed down through the centuries..
- Fully automated with pre-set menus for easy preparation of delicacies, soups, herbal tonics.
- Stainless steel outer pot safe for stewing larger quantited of soups.
- High quality food grade ceramic pots in compliance with food & drug administration, America.
- Fuzzy logic controlled boiling process ensures maximun extraction of nutrition cooking temperature.
- Boil dry protection with added LED indicator and buzzer.
- Up to 9 hours programmable cooking timer and delay cooking timer.
- Cool touch body prevent scalding when handling.
- Voltage : 220-240V ~ 50/60Hz
- Power : 400-475W
- Capacity : 1 x 1.8L / 3 x 0.45L
- Gross Weight : 6.6Kg
- Box Dimension : 318 x 318 x 400mm
- Colour : White
What do you mean by “Double Boiling”?
Double boiling is an age old cooking technique widely used in the east and west. In the west, it has been widely used to melt cheese, chocolate as well as preparing many heat sensitive cuisines and sauces. In the east, the Chinese usually use it to cook exclusive food delicacies such as bird’s nest, abalone, dietary supplements, herbal remedies and other cuisines which require long hours of simmering. The Cantonese, in particular, like to double boil their beloved Cantonese Soups as they believe that it will allow the ingredients to slowly release their nutrients into the soup. They also believe that double boiling can preserve the flavour and nutrients of the ingredients with minimal loss or damages.
What is a Double Boiler then?
It is a double-pot cooking device which comprises of a smaller inner pot placed inside a bigger outer boiling pot. They are both covered with a lid and they are usually made of ceramic or metal. Food and ingredients are placed in the inner pot while the outer is partially filled with water. When water in the outer pot is heated up by an external source and boils, it then heats up the inner pot and its content, keeping the temperature at 100°C through out the entire cooking process. This indirect heating method ensures that the content in the inner pot is not overcooked or scorched to retain its original taste and nutrients.
What is the difference between a Double Boiler and a Steamer?
Many may confuse a double boiler for a steamer as both are indirect heating utensils but they are essentially different. Unlike a steamer, the inner pot of a double boiler is covered with a lid and its content does not come into direct contact with any external matter, not even the steam. Hence, the original nutrients and flavour of the ingredients are safely ‘locked’ inside the inner pot and do not run the risk of being carried away by the hot water vapour.
What food can the double boiler do?
- Delicate sauces and to cook yogurt
- Melt chocolate without burning
- Cook any other thick liquid or porridge that would normally burn if not stirred constantly
- Prepare health tonic (Chinese herbs)
- Extract the true taste, flavour and essence from food
- Heat or prepare foods that are too delicate to be in direct contact with cooking heat (eg. Abalone, Bird Nest, Shit Kap)
What is the capacity of the big inner pot?
It’s 1.8 Litres which is made of food- grade ceramic and good for 3-4 people
What is the capacity of the small inner pot?
3 mini pots x 0.45 Litre, is also provided for cooking other health dishes or to suit individual needs.
What happens after cooking time lapse (complete)?
Double Boiler automatically goes to KEEP WARM function except STEAM function, unit cuts power
Why is the Heating Plate small?
To control temperature rise effectively
Besides the free ceramic pots, are there any other free gifts?
For every unit of Anshin Double Boiler, a copy of double boiling recipe book (mandarin version only) is given away free to widen your exposure to many new health-nurturing delicacies.
What is the warranty period for this product?
This new double boiler is supported with a product warranty of 2 years. This warranty package carries an undertaking of unlimited free after sale service as well as parts, and there is no surcharge whatsoever within the warranty period. To further delight its consumers, this product offers free product inspection.