Floral Snow Mooncakes Recipe | Khind Togetherness 大家来相聚
CRYSTAL SKIN INGREDIENTS
- 260g cooked glutinous rice flour “koh fun” (sifted)
- 120g icing sugar (sifted)
- 130g shortening
- 200ml – 210ml cold ice water
- Drop of pink food colouring
- Yellow food colouring
- Green food colouring
- Purple food colouring
- 400g Mango Lotus Paste
- 60g pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- 100g dried cranberries
- 2 tbsps corn oil
TO MAKE SNOW SKIN
- Sift “koh fun” & icing sugar into KHIND Stand Mixer bowl.
- Beat in shortening until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. (pic 1)
- Add in cold water gradually to form a soft & pliable dough. (pic 2)
TO MAKE FILLING
- Using KHIND Stand Mixer, combine Mango Lotus Paste, nuts & dried cranberries till well mixed, adding corn oil if mixture is dry. (pic 3-4)
- Scale the filling at 70g each, set aside.
- Colour most of the skin pink, some yellow, green and purple. (pic 5)
- Scale pink snow skin into 70g portions, wrap over the filling. (pic 6-7)
- Dust some koh fun on the mould, press the mooncake inside. Then, remove from mould. (pic 8-9)
- Roll out the skin dough of other colours and cut using flower cutters & leaf cutters. (pic 10-11)
- Brush some water & stick the flower and leaf skin on the mooncake. (pic 12)
- Keep refrigerated & serve chilled.
Snow skin mooncake can be kept for 2-3 days in a fridge (sealed) and 7 days in a freezer. Defrost 10-15 mins before served.