Korean Fried Chicken - Dakgangjeong 닭강정 | Inspired By Simplicity
Recipe: Korean Fried Chicken - Dakgangjeong 닭강정
Khind Product: Multi Cooker MC50D
- 12 pcs chicken wings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/3 cup potato starch /corn starch
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tbps soy sauce
- 3 tbps rice mirin
- 2 tbps rice vinegar
- 1 tbps gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste)
- 3 tbps honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbps brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 to 2 tbps of sesame seeds & lettuce
- Mix with the salt, pepper, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Marinate for 30mins.
- In a pan, add all the sauce ingredients, and stir well. Bring it to a boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Add the potato /corn starch to the chicken and mix well.
- Use Khind Multi Cooker MC50D, select “Deep Fry” at 180 °C. Pour the oil to sufficiently hot, place the chicken into the wire rack and fried until light golden brown. Drain excess oil.
- Select “Fry” to heat the sauce. Add the chicken and stir well until the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds & garnish with lettuce.